Central York Region, Northridge Community Church
|Funding||Fundraising ; Donations|
|Alternate Name||Salvation Army|
|Address Notes||Located behind Newmarket High School|
|Address||The Salvation Army Northridge Community Church|
415 Pickering Cres
Newmarket, ON L3Y 8G8
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||PO Box 356 |
415 Pickering Cres
Newmarket, ON L3Y 4X7
|Contact 1||Major Brian & Glenda Bishop, Pastors; Phone: 905-895-6276|
|Contact 2||Raymond Varkki, Community & Family Services; Phone: 905-895-6276|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Sandra Reid, Children & Youth Outreach Coordinator|
|Boundaries||Newmarket/Aurora/East Gwillimbury/King Township/South Simcoe|
|Areas Served||Aurora ; East Gwillimbury ; King City ; Newmarket ; Queensville ; Sharon ; Central York Region|
|Intersection||Mulock and College Manor|
|Hours||Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * Sunday Service: 10:30 am|
|Description||The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the practical needs of humanity. The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human need and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. |
The Salvation Army of Central York Region provides programs and services to people of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, creed, sexual orientation or religion. It has been helping people in York Region through it's faith based community & family services. We endeavour to maintain and promote a high quality of life for residents of Central York by responding to the needs of the region's most vulnerable individuals and groups.
The Salvation Army of Central York Region seeks the potential for improvement in our community by fostering individual participation and community action through the reinforcement of social networks. We believe in empowering people to realize their hopes and dreams by helping to enable them to find solutions to the daily challenges they face.
Support programs include:
- Help Centre support offering food, furniture & clothing assistance.
- Homelessness Prevention offering financial support to rental & home owners.
- Recovery Programs providing support to people struggling with finances, anger, grief, divorce, depression & other mood disorders, health & fitness and also to single parents.
- Pastoral & marital counselling
- Family support through a variety of events, programs and services
- Senior's Club meetings
- Mercy Street Youth Centre for high school students.
- Youth arts programs (drama & music)
- Coed Scouting for youth 5-17
- Adult fellowship programs & events (women & men)
- Christian small groups, special seminars & events.
Opportunities exists to help make a difference in our community through:
- Volunteering (on your own or as a group)
- One time giving (at Christmas or anytime of the year)
- Event sponsorship or participation (Golf Tournament, Santa Shuffle 5k Fun, Community Fair sponsor, Sharing Shelf school lunch sponsor, Christmas toy drive, Food drive, etc)
- Consider supporting our building project. Visit www.hopeforothers.com
For more information call or visit www.salvationarmycentralyork.ca
|Subjects||Anger management ; Christmas assistance ; Clothing ; Elementary schools ; English as a second language ; Family support ; Food ; Food action projects ; Food banks ; Language instruction ; Religious organizations ; Students|