To have volunteer positions emailed to you from the York Info Database, please fill out the online registration form
You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Event Planning
There are 27 record(s) that match your criteria.
•Select and secure a Walk site in Newmarekt
•Apply for a permitfrom the Town of Newmarekt and complete the necessary paperwork
•Arrange for a certificate of insurance from ALS Ontario
•Read the training manual and other information provided by ALS Ontario and attend the fall training conference
•Obtain local sponsorships
•Establish a place for committee meetings to be held
•Recruit volunteer leaders who will assist in organizing the Walk
•Attend and chair Walk meetings
•Oversee committee members
•Provide timely updates to ALS Ontario
•Work within the budget for the Walk established by ALS Ontario
•Prepare a Walk Profile report following the walk and submit to ALS Ontario
- Attend meetings and to support the organization through a variety of events.
- Give support through spreading awareness of AHS and its place in the community.
- Provide input and guidance into development of various fundraising campaigns such as planned giving and the annual appeal, as well as events fundraising
- Help to solicit funds and/or in-kind donations from local businesses for various events and sponsorship opportunities
- Individuals with experience in fundraising, building community partnerships or public relations would be welcomed as would those with related professional skills and experience.
* assisting with telephone calls, provide information, etc. as it relates to the M/CE/F initiatives
* assist Program Coordinator with follow-up electronic and print materials for support and other related tasks
* interact and follow up with assignments with the community, businesses, media, etc.
* other tasks as mutually agreed to
This is a great opportunity to acquire additional marketing, community engagement, public relations, special event experience.
Positions that are currently being recruited for include survivor reception chair, fight back zone organizer, promotion, food and beverage chair as well as a luminaries coordinator.
If you would like to volunteer for the Aurora event please get in touch to offer your skills in organizing or sharing ideas. We need you!
Other positions we are recruiting for include relay promotions, registration lead, activities chair, social media coordinator and photography/stage management.
If you would like to volunteer for the Newmarket event please get in touch to offer your skills in organizing or sharing ideas. We need you!
Are you interested in taking a leadership volunteer position with the organization? Well then, this might be the role for you! Captains are responsible for:
1. Calling their group of approximately 10 Canvassers to confirm participation in 2015's campaign.
2. Leading a team of approximately 10 Canvassers
3. Assisting with the training & motivation of their team of Canvassers
4. Being the main contact for their team of Canvassers
5. Ensuring their Canvassers receive the materials required to execute their role on time, while also ensuring that it is collected once their role has been completed
If you are friendly, organized and mature, have experience and/or interest in volunteering in a fund raising campaign,then this is the ideal role for you!
The board meets monthly in Markham, Ontario. There is an assumption that the candidate is comfortable with email communication. Please review our website www.nanps.org for a taste of what NANPS is all about. The board is active, passionate about native plants and is waiting to hear from you!
If you are interested in joining us for some rewarding volunteer work please apply today.