To have volunteer positions emailed to you from the York Info Database, please fill out the online registration form
You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Clerical/general help
There are 50 record(s) that match your criteria.
•Select and secure a Walk site in Newmarekt
•Apply for a permitfrom the Town of Newmarekt and complete the necessary paperwork
•Arrange for a certificate of insurance from ALS Ontario
•Read the training manual and other information provided by ALS Ontario and attend the fall training conference
•Obtain local sponsorships
•Establish a place for committee meetings to be held
•Recruit volunteer leaders who will assist in organizing the Walk
•Attend and chair Walk meetings
•Oversee committee members
•Provide timely updates to ALS Ontario
•Work within the budget for the Walk established by ALS Ontario
•Prepare a Walk Profile report following the walk and submit to ALS Ontario
- Attend meetings and to support the organization through a variety of events.
- Give support through spreading awareness of AHS and its place in the community.
- Provide input and guidance into development of various fundraising campaigns such as planned giving and the annual appeal, as well as events fundraising
- Help to solicit funds and/or in-kind donations from local businesses for various events and sponsorship opportunities
- Individuals with experience in fundraising, building community partnerships or public relations would be welcomed as would those with related professional skills and experience.
You would be working:
- with the Manager/Curator, decides on an overall vision for each edition of the newsletter and establishes what will be included
- writes many pieces and co-ordinates content with other volunteer writers; gathers additional information that needs to be included
- sets appropriate deadlines for writers to submit content and follows up with them; gathers all photographs and images needed to accompany stories
- once all content is in, the editor combines them into one document and extensively edits the entire copy for the newsletter before submitting the document to the graphic designer. For ease of communication with the designer, the document will feature the content in the order it should ideally appear in the newsletter (with the graphic designer shifting things as necessary for formatting). It will include all captions for photos and any additional notes to assist the graphic designer with formatting the final newsletter. This is sent along with the photos to the graphic designer.
- thoroughly edits the draft copy received from the graphic designer, submits a copy to the Manager/Curator for approval/further edits, and co-ordinates edits and changes with the graphic designer until arriving at a final version
- arranges printing, pick-up and distribution of final version of the Attic
You will help advertise and recruit your fellow students as volunteers for our Daffodil campaign in April, Relay For Life in June and Pink Ribbon in October.
Positions that are currently being recruited for include survivor reception chair, fight back zone organizer, promotion, food and beverage chair as well as a luminaries coordinator.
If you would like to volunteer for the Aurora event please get in touch to offer your skills in organizing or sharing ideas. We need you!
Other positions we are recruiting for include relay promotions, registration lead, activities chair, social media coordinator and photography/stage management.
If you would like to volunteer for the Newmarket event please get in touch to offer your skills in organizing or sharing ideas. We need you!
Primary Responsibilities Include: • Responding to inbound phone calls (praying for donors on the phone) • Transferring phone calls and paging as necessary • Record and relay information as necessary • Greeting and directing walk-in traffic and assisting with any information requests • Taking donations by phone and updating Studio Enterprise • Writing notes in prayer cards to personalize requests
This successful one day fundraising event is an evening of pampering, relaxation and indulgence for women and includes spa treatments (massages, reflexology, manicures, makeup/facials), wine tasting, decadent food, a dessert-in-the-dark experience, silent auction, raffle and more.
Assembling client and volunteer information packages
Placing reminder calls
Entering of statistical information
Helping with fundraising activities and
other short and long term projects as they arise
This position would be suited for an individual with a college education in fundraising, marketing and direct mail strategies.
Volunteering with the Restore is a great way to gain experience in team work, retail, customer service, and merchandising while also donating their time to a worthy cause. Other tasks required.
Are you nervous about canvassing because you don’t know what to say at the door? Don’t worry about that! We have many resources available both at our Heart Rally events (in January) and online to get you comfortable with canvassing!
If you are friendly, organized and mature, have experience and/or interest in volunteering in a fund raising campaign,then this is the ideal role for you!
It would be beneficial if applicants have an understanding of non-profit organizations along with being familiar with the nature of palliative care, the philosophy of hospice and the grieving.
If you would like to volunteer with this program, please get in touch. We are looking for the following activities to be done by volunteers.
1- Food donations sorting, shelving, warehousing, packing family food hampers
2- Attending phone calls and walk-in clients
3- Housekeeping and assisting in office work
4- Running food drives to collect food donations
5- Database management
Please indicate which area you would like to volunteer with.
Assist Southlake Regional Health Centre in creating and sustaining a
patient-complementary and gallery worthy collection of artwork. The Art Gallery at Southlake exhibits and sells the works of York Region and south Simcoe County artists. Monies generated through the Gallery are used to maintain and purchase new items for Southlake’s corporate art collection.
Summary of Duties:
• Act as the artist’s liaison during the exhibit.
• Promote exhibition opportunities with York Region and south Simcoe County artists.
• Provide artist with evaluation form at the beginning of his/her exhibit.
• Respond to inquires and applications from local eligible artists about exhibiting
• Work with approved exhibitors to ensure all necessary paperwork, images, and payments are received
To provide excellent customer service while supporting cancer patients to use the patient friendly computer kiosks to complete their Symptom Assessment. The symptom assessment is used by health care providers to assess and manage 9 symptoms commonly experienced by cancer patients.
• Greet patients and family and direct them to the computer kiosk
• Support and guide/direct patients step by step through the computer screens to teach them how to use the screens
• Provide support for registration
• Chat with patients while they wait
• Comfortable addressing patients’ concerns about using technology
• Answer any questions the patient or family may have
If you are interested in joining us for some rewarding volunteer work please apply today.
Please note that are NOT required to counsel anyone.