To have volunteer positions emailed to you from the York Info Database, please fill out the online registration form
You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Feeding Assistance
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
We would love to arrange a resident with similar interests to you to share in a social visit.
• Assist patients in the Gym and Activity Rooms
• Visit with and assist patients at mealtimes
• Visit with patients chatting about current events and other topics of interest
Volunteers will mingle with residents, and help with program set-up, while assisting staff in a pleasant and welcoming environment.
We are also always looking for volunteers to assist with many of our other scheduled activities such as bingo, rosary, mass, music socials, and food related programs.
- assist residents in coming to the dining rooms
- assist Dietary staff in preparing resident's place settings
- assist Nursing staff to help residents who need feeding assistance
- serve refreshments to residents
- assist residents back to their rooms following meal-time.
Note that all activities in the dining rooms are under the supervision of Registered Nursing staff.
Volunteers will be oriented on Ministry of Health regulations regarding meal-time assistance. For those who wish to participate in feeding assistance, video and hands-on training will be provided.