You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Feeding Assistance
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
We would love to arrange a resident with similar interests to you to share in a social visit.
Volunteers will mingle with residents, and help with program set-up, while assisting staff in a pleasant and welcoming environment.
Some of the activities volunteers are asked to assist with are bingo, expresso bar, baking, garden visits, golf, ring toss, music, movie time, horse shoes, darts and more.
- assist residents in coming to the dining rooms
- assist Dietary staff in preparing resident's place settings
- assist Nursing staff to help residents who need feeding assistance
- serve refreshments to residents
- assist residents back to their rooms following meal-time.
Note that all activities in the dining rooms are under the supervision of Registered Nursing staff.
Volunteers will be oriented on Ministry of Health regulations regarding meal-time assistance. For those who wish to participate in feeding assistance, video and hands-on training will be provided.