To have volunteer positions emailed to you from the York Info Database, please fill out the online registration form
You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: General Help (Education)
There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
Some suggested topics might be drama, storytelling, music, computers, crafts, public awareness of an information session on a topic that is important to you and that you are knowledgeable about such as a hobby, sport, or other topic that is of interest to you personally.
For women, Guiding is a chance to be part of their community by helping girls develop their potential. It’s a place for personal growth, mentoring and travel opportunities.
• understand LCG’s mission and mandate
• review with staff and student the student’s learning goals and training plan
• work with staff to select appropriate teaching materials that suit the student’s goals, abilities and interests
• plan and prepare materials for weekly tutoring sessions
• tutor the student once per week for a minimum of two hours at the Centre
• complete weekly session reports
• assist in reviewing progress on an ongoing basis
• attend tutor training seminars as scheduled
• maintain a positive, patient attitude that encourages learning
• discuss student’s progress with staff
• discuss problems/issues with staff when they arise
• keep record of volunteer hours with Centre, including participation at events
• Be familiar with LCYS bylaws, policies, legal obligations and
• Ensure effective organizational planning
• Attend monthly board meetings and participate in at least one
committee of the Board.
• Attend annual general meeting.
• Develop and support the goals and activities of the
• Determine agency policy and ensure compliance.
• Approve and monitor the annual budget, ensuring that
sufficient funds are available to effectively meet objectives.
• Represent the organization in the community, and bring the
interests/concerns of the community to the organization.
Our clients and volunteers meet in groups every week to communicate about current events, arts and music. Group conversations include themed discussions, talking about the news and current events. Skill sessions include cooking program, story-telling, book clubs, cards and games. Volunteers also assist the clients with telling and writing their own Life History Books.
Through this rewarding role, you will be providing support to adults with disabilities in dealing with the challenges of a new life along with helping them develop their communication skills.
This opportunity provides rewarding experience for volunteers who would like to inspire a young reader to grow and gain the confidence to use the library and read independently.
Club members use their time and talents to provide hands on assistance to enhance the lives of those in need in their community. This organization is for men and women alike. Our club has many lady members who are already Lions. You can also join with your spouse or life partner.
If you would like to pursue a leadership role, or would like to lend a helping hand, Lions membership offers extensive opportunities for the kind of volunteer experience you desire.
You have many opportunities to work on projects that interest you and to undertake leadership roles of your choice.
Call or email me directly and come to our free dinner meeting, to see what Lions is all about.
I look forward to seeing you soon.