To have volunteer positions emailed to you from the York Info Database, please fill out the online registration form
You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Group Leader with Youth
There are 30 record(s) that match your criteria.
You will help advertise and recruit your fellow students as volunteers for our Daffodil campaign in April, Relay For Life in June and Pink Ribbon in October.
The Mentor-Mentee match will connect for at least 2 hours a week for 10 weeks via email, telephone, and/or face to face.
• Serve as support to the Project Coordinator and President
• Coordinate and Manage volunteers (coaches, referees, student volunteers)
• Serve as support for all the participants in the sports programming
• Ensure safe set up of equipments and gym
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Interact with Community Groups, Sports Venue, and Sponsors as necessary.
• Ensure Soccer rules and guidelines are met
• Interact with youth and manage teams
For women, Guiding is a chance to be part of their community by helping girls develop their potential. It’s a place for personal growth, mentoring and travel opportunities.
If you are friendly, organized and mature, have experience and/or interest in volunteering in a fund raising campaign,then this is the ideal role for you!
-providing a caring and nurturing environment for children from birth to 3 years while their moms attend programs at the Georgina Outreach Office/Learning Centre
-playing, singing and having fun with the children
-assisting with the daily maintenance of the child minding area including picking toys up and disinfecting centre/toys when required; and
-working as part of a team with staff.
Beaver Scouts aged 5 to 7 years of age
Cubs aged 8-10 years of age.
Scout Aged 11-13 years of age.
These are active groups that spends many of our meetings in the out of doors. To work with Beaver Scouts and Cub Scouts you need to be 14 or older. To work with Scouts you need to be 16 or older.
• Duties usually involved in leading games, songs, stories
• Help with crafts, outdoor activities
• Often work with smaller groups of youth members
• Help with administrative duties (e.g. dues, attendance)
• Involved in program planning Scouts Canada's Mission is: To contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society.
Adult Leaders needed as well.
Volunteers will provide guidance, support, homework help, coaching and leadership to youth on a one-to-one basis or in groups like after school programs and/or recreational activities. Volunteers can also attend FREE activities and professional sports events (i.e Blue Jays, Raptors, Argonauts, Maple Leafs) together with their youth. Comprehensive training and scholarships are also available.