We are looking for a person to create and co-ordinate the Aurora Historical Society’s quarterly newsletter.
You would be working:
- with the Manager/Curator, decides on an overall vision for each edition of the newsletter and establishes what will be included
- writes many pieces and co-ordinates content with other volunteer writers; gathers additional information that needs to be included
- sets appropriate deadlines for writers to submit content and follows up with them; gathers all photographs and images needed to accompany stories
- once all content is in, the editor combines them into one document and extensively edits the entire copy for the newsletter before submitting the document to the graphic designer. For ease of communication with the designer, the document will feature the content in the order it should ideally appear in the newsletter (with the graphic designer shifting things as necessary for formatting). It will include all captions for photos and any additional notes to assist the graphic designer with formatting the final newsletter. This is sent along with the photos to the graphic designer.
- thoroughly edits the draft copy received from the graphic designer, submits a copy to the Manager/Curator for approval/further edits, and co-ordinates edits and changes with the graphic designer until arriving at a final version
- arranges printing, pick-up and distribution of final version of the Attic
Aurora Historical Society, Aurora - Hillary House, Yonge Street, Hillary House National Historic Site and Museum
Board Members, Committees of the Board [ More info ]
Losing a loved one can be one of the most challenging times in a person’s life. BFOYR is here to educate, support and provide coping strategies that will help individuals and families move forward and heal.
We are looking for board members to work together in achieving our mandate.Currently we need members with experience in marketing, fund development, finances, human services background and members at large.
BFOYR is also seeking community minded citizens to serve on Committees of the Board - Golf Committee, Battle of the Bands, Butterfly Release, Nominating Committee and Fund raising Committee .
Bereaved Families of Ontario - York Region, Bereavement Support Services
In York Region there may be a lack of programs and services offered for children with disabilities. Join us and co-discover what is needed and let's all help try to fill in the gap of what is missing.
We are looking for Individuals who will attend a committee meeting held the first Wednesday of the month, 5-6 meeting per year at the East Gwillimbury Sports Complex from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Individuals will also be expected to volunteer in events held by BAC, workshops (1/yr.), annual golf tournament, fundraising events, and open houses for our programs.
Beyond Abilities Centre, Multifunctional Centre for Families and Individuals with Disabilities
Entertainment Chair - Newmarket [ More info ]
You will promote, book, organize and coordinate all on-stage entertainment, ensuring a fun and memorable event for all participants. You have organization skills with a strong attention to detail, are comfortable using audio-visual equipment and if you have experience liaising with performers and/or bands you will be an asset to the Newmarket Relay For Life Committee .
Canadian Cancer Society, Newmarket - Holland River Community Office, Services for Cancer Patients
We are looking for board members to become of the MS Team! If you are interested in getting involved, please apply today.
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, York Region - various sites, Newmarket Self-Help Group
Would you like to help us secure funds by searching out new grants that we might apply for? Do you have the skills to assist us in grant and proposal writing? Do you care deeply about abandoned and abused cats and kittens? If so please get in touch.
North Toronto Cat Rescue, Markham - John Stiver Crescent, Rescue, adoption and care of homeless, abandoned felines
Primary volunteer roles include working with youth in Scouts Canada programs; Beaver Scouts (5-7yrs), Cub Scouts (8-10yrs), Scouts (11-14yrs), Venturer Scouts (14-18yrs) and Rover Scouts (18-26yrs). Various volunteer opportunities are also available for committees, camps and fundraising. Please contact for more information.
Scouts Canada, Central Ontario Service Centre, Newmarket - various locations, South Lake Simcoe Area, Newmarket Groups
Everyday around the world, people are tortured, imprisoned or made to 'disappear' for speaking up for what they believe in. Take action against these Human Rights violations - write letters to help free prisoners of conscience and earn volunteer hours.
Vaughan Public Libraries, Maple - Keele Street, Maple Library
We are seeking Volunteer Board Members who are committed to supporting quality service in a feminist, woman-centered organization. I keeping with our ongoing efforts to promote equity and reflect the diversity of York Region, we encourage applications from all woman.
We are currently seeking women who have talent and demonstrated leadership in the following areas:
Violence against Women Services
Business or Charitable law
Accounting and Financial
Fundraising and Marketing
Women's Shelter of York Region Inc., Sandgate, Outreach for Women